Youth Job Connection (ages 15 - 29)
The Unemployed Help Centre is seeking employers who are looking to hire youth to support youth seeking employment. This program is aimed at helping youth aged 15 to 29 who experience barriers to employment such as low income, or homelessness, limited work experience, and low levels of education or literacy. Aboriginal youth, recent immigrants, and youth living with disabilities might also benefit from this intensive youth employment program.
This program offers intensive support and training for youth who are not working, not in school and not in training through:
- at least 60 hours of paid training to prepare youth for the workplace
- job placements for up to six months, with funding available for employers
- mentorship, coaching and help with school and work transitions after the program ends
If you are an employer, and would like to participate in the Youth Job Connection program, you must:
- be licensed to operate in Ontario
- comply with workplace, human rights and labour legislation
- have workplace safety and liability insurance
- offer job opportunities in Ontario
Federal, provincial or municipal governments and their agencies cannot apply and you cannot already be paying for your job opportunity with other government funding.
To learn more, contact Pat Katona at 519-944-4900 Extension 123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org