Income Tax Assistance

UHC has joined forces with a group of local chartered accountants to prepare your tax returns at no cost to you.

This service is offered on a first come, first served basis.

Can We Help You With Your Taxes?

If your family meets the eligibility criteria below, we can get started on your tax returns during the month of March:

  • Gross household income must be less than $30,000 without dependents, and less than $40,000 for a couple and an additional $2,500 for each dependent
  • Must not be self-employed or have business/rental income
  • Interest income must be less than $1,000 (additional requirements may apply)

What’s Needed to Complete Your Taxes?

  • Last year’s completed tax return and your Notice of Assessment
  • Social Insurance Number (SIN)
  • Receipts of income: salary, wages, interest income, pension, annuity income, registered retirement income, Canada savings bonds, old age security, social assistance payments, worker’s compensation, EI
  • All receipts for expenses: child care expenses, medical, charitable, property taxes or rent, union dues, tuition fees, political donations

Important Reminders for You

  • While UHC can help you complete your tax return, you are responsible for mailing your own completed tax return and keeping a copy for your files
  • Our volunteers do not retain any of your information and will not be able to access any of the information if questions arise in the future
  • If it is found that your household gross income is above our income guidelines your return will NOT be completed
  • An authorization form must be completed before we can do your tax return

Contact us today to get started

Please complete the contact form below and our team will be in touch shortly with the next steps.

Name * Required
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.