Date Posted: Jan 16th, 2019
Salary: $$16.65 / hour per hour
Location: Windsor, ON
Employment Type: Part Time
Transportation: On Bus Route
In this role you will be responsible for loading and securing new vehicles onto rail cars, moving vehicles within the compound and to nearby off-site locations.
Drive new customer vehicles onto rail cars from staging lines in a safe and efficient manner.
Set-up rail car bridge plates, raise and lower rail car decks, open/close rail car doors and operate loading ramps.
Inspect vehicles for damage.
Use of tablets or handheld scanners to record damages and vehicle locations.
Drive vehicles within the compound to/from staging areas.
Further details available with Counselors.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Able to follow directions, both written and verbal
- Able to drive both standard and automatic automobiles
- Able to adhere to strict quality standards without variance
- Good visual ability
- Knowledge of the use of hand tools (wrenches, screw drivers, ratchets, etc.)
- Must have a good sense of balance
- Able to work at a height approx. 15 feet above the ground
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds over head
- Able to push, roll, or carry up to 85 pounds
- Able to stand, walk, and work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Drivers Abstract Check.
- Criminal Background Check.
- Successful completion of Pre-placement Medical examination
- Work is performed outdoors in a all weather conditions; work with a team of other rail associates; Work in tight spaces on rail cars