Date Posted: Jun 4th, 2019
Salary: $20-25 per hour
Location: Oldcastle, ON
Employment Type: Full Time
Transportation: On Bus Route
The primary role of the Director of Operations is to assist the General Manager in ensuring the successful execution of all phases of banquet functions/group meetings/members bar services held at the Club.
- Successful completion of a college diploma (or equivalent) program in Hospitality Management or other related field; or university degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a managerial role.
- Problem Solving/Judgment: Problems faced in the position are complicated, requiring extensive analytical skills. The magnitude of issues may impact on more than one department and/or the Employer at large. Considerable autonomy is granted to the position but there is still accountability to higher authority. Solutions to problems may involve implementing new procedures or policy development and may take weeks or months.
- Communication: Exceptional communication skills are necessary in this position. The ability to effectively communicate in issues that are critical to the viability of the organization. Contacts are at all level including the senior/executive level and involvement in external associations and may include media. Must be able to communicate at all levels throughout the organization and outside of the organization.
- Mental Effort: The work performed is complex where precision and timing are critical. Periods of concentration may be required, deadlines are applied and interruptions are common.
- Physical Effort: Low levels of physical effort will occur on a frequent basis. Some examples of physical activity in this position include standing, sitting, lifting and walking.