Date Posted: Jun 4th, 2019
Salary: $55,000-70,000 per hour
Location: Oldcastle, ON
Employment Type: Full Time
Transportation: On Bus Route
The primary role of the Manager of Bar Service is to:
a) Act as Manager on Duty
• Represent the Director of Operations and General Manager when on Duty
• Provide leadership and support to all members of the staff, including Kitchen and Banquet Management staff during events.
• Ensure safety and security of the Ciociaro Club guests, employees, members and property during the evening shift.
b) Manage all aspects and functions of the bar outlets (including Members Bar and Banquet/group events) in accordance with Club standards; specifically:
• Manage and direct the activities of the Bartenders, Members Bar Servers, and Pizza makers
• Maintain service levels and reputation of the Ciociaro Club at a high standard
• Ensure the smooth and efficient delivery of all Club events and services
• Support and assist Food & Beverage team, and Chef prior to events, as requested, and ensure adequate stock levels, and consistency of contract information
• Properly handle complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise
• Ensure that each liquor bottle ordered is backed up by an exchange of an empty bottle of same liquor
• Update menu & Price changes on the Point of sale (POS) terminal.
• Provide monthly reports Re: Staffing, Sales, Costs and any other important information
• Responsible for hiring, scheduling, task delegation, training, development, policy compliance/enforcement, and disciplinary actions (including termination) for Bar staff
• Responsibility for all beverage purchases, inventories and stock levels within the operation, including reporting of daily and monthly inventory counts.
• Regularly check storage areas for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness.
• Review sales and beverage costs for previous day; resolve discrepancies with Accounting. Track actual against budget.
- Successful completion of a required, college diploma (or equivalent) program in Hospitality Management or other related field; or a university degree.
- Experience: Previous experience is a similar role or 3 to 5 years management experience in the hospitality industry. Experience with Point of Sale software.
- Problem Solving/Judgment: Problems faced in the position are complicated, requiring extensive analytical skills. The magnitude of issues may impact on more than one department and/or the Employer at large. Considerable autonomy is granted to the position but there is still accountability to higher authority. Solutions to problems may involve implementing new procedures or policy development and may take weeks or months.
- Communication: Exceptional communication skills are necessary in this position. The ability to effectively communicate in issues that are critical to the viability of the organization. Contacts are at all level including the senior/executive level and involvement in external associations and may include media. Must be able to communicate at all levels throughout the organization and outside of the organization.
- Mental Effort: The work performed is complex where precision and timing are critical. Periods of concentration may be required, deadlines are applied and interruptions are common.
- Physical Effort: Low levels of physical effort will occur on a frequent basis. Some examples of physical activity in this position include standing, sitting, lifting and walking.
- Independence: The position has considerable autonomy having to generally meet strategic objectives. Action plans are established by this position. Progress reports are provided to superiors when requested, otherwise the position is responsible to set and achieve most of its own goals.