Date Posted: Jun 4th, 2019
Salary: $17-21 per hour
Location: Oldcastle, ON
Employment Type: Full Time
Transportation: On Bus Route
This job description applies to the following Chef de Partie positions:
• Butcher chef – responsible for preparing meats and poultry before they are delivered to their respective cooking stations.
• Fish Chef – responsible for fish butchering as well as creating the appropriate sauces
• Fry/Grill Chef – responsible for the preparation of fried foods and grilled foods
• Roast/Saute Chef – responsible for the preparation of roasted meats and the appropriate sauces/gravies, and for the preparation of sauted foods
• Pizza Chef – responsible for the preparation of all baked goods, wood burning pizza and king size pizzas
• Pantry/Vegetable Chef – responsible for the preparation of cold dishes, such as salads and appetizers, and for the preparation of vegetables, soups, starches and eggs
• Roundsman Chef – fills in, as needed, on all of the stations
The duties and responsibilities of each Chef de Partie include, but are not limited to:
• Run the designated work station as assigned by the Sous Chef (or Head Chef).
• Ability to efficiently organize the assigned station and food preparation activities;
o Set up of station with par stocks of menu items
o preparation of ingredients, portioning, chopping, butchering
o Ensure all food products are stored properly
• Ability to operate kitchen equipment required for food preparation
• Compliance with all sanitation standards and regulations at the assigned station, including food handling and kitchen equipment
o Inspect and disinfect food preparation areas, tools, knives and other equipment to ensure safe and sanitary food handling practices
• Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods and report any incidents to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
• Assist other Kitchen staff members when needed.
- Successful completion of a College or University Culinary program or equivalent. Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures, as well as sanitation procedures.
- Experience:minimum of 6 months experience in a high volume kitchen environment, as a line or prep cook.
- Problem Solving/Judgment:The position follows recognized standard methods/approaches and works within established precedents. Specific policies/procedures and/or directives are available and are to be followed. Problems are handled pursuant to available documented procedures/sequences. Complex or unclear matters are referred to higher authority.
- Communication:Above average communication skills are necessary in the position in order to relate to, persuade, or otherwise motivate others. There may be a need to provide uncomplicated oral presentations and/or written reports to a higher level of management.
- Mental Effort:The work performed is complex where precision and timing are critical. The position requires an excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures. It requires attention to detail, as well as the ability to work with a team under the pressure of a high-volume kitchen. Periods of concentration may be required, deadlines are applied and interruptions are common.
- Physical Effort:Moderate levels of physical effort will occur on a frequent or constant basis. Some examples of physical activity in this position include extended periods of standing, walking, bending, lifting, chopping, twisting and pushing.