Date Posted: Jul 10th, 2019
Salary: $Starting-$40,000 per hour
Location: Leamington, ON
Employment Type: Full Time
Develop health and safety plans for the company based on a full review of health and safety-related needs including but not limited to the assessment of hazards, analysis of database, audits, changing legislation and best practices as required by the ministry of labour.
Manage conduct meetings for health and safety committees such as internal responsibility systems and the Joint Health & Safety team.
Review occupational health and safety legislation, amendments and best practices to optimize occupational health and safety programs.
Coordinate and/or provide guidance the Aphria Diamond management team as well as all employees.
Create and update return to work program to ensure managers and supervisors and able to return injured employees to productive work following an injury.
Investigate accidents effectively, and respond appropriately as required.
Communicate, train and follow up with supervisors and employees.
Ensure that work refusals are properly investigated and that any necessary corrections to the work processes are implemented and documented.
Develop, arrange, track and present safety training and PPE requirements for all new and existing employees, as well as visitors to ensure complete understanding of potential risks and expected behaviors within the facility.
Coordinate bunkhouse inspections to ensure that the buildings are up to fire code as up to par with Health Canada regulations.
Responsible for conducting water samples.
Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or related field of study.
- Minimum two years of experience with health and safety management.
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety management, applicable federal, provincial and municipal regulations.
- Experience with accident investigation, workplace inspection and job hazard analysis preferred.
- Experience with WSIB claims is an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate verbally and written in Spanish is an asset.