Date Posted: Jul 10th, 2019
Salary: $36,000 per hour
Location: Windsor, ON
Employment Type: Full Time
Transportation: On Bus Route
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for daily reconciliation of trust & general bank accounts and the stale dated cheque process. Accountable for identifying and investigating account variances and professionally interacting with both external and internal associates.
Reconciling banks accounts daily (client trust accounts, general bank accounts, etc.).
Identifying discrepancies during comparison process.
Communicating these items to the bank and ensuring they become resolved.
Assist with funding requests for client trust accounts.
Monitoring trust account balances.
Create and reconcile funding request templates.
Responding to inquiries regarding cheque re-issuance and stop payments.
Maintain listing of stale dated cheques.
Communicate with claims administrative team when to follow up with customers.
Voiding stale dated cheques.
Assisting with various account reconciliations and reports - comparing totals to outstanding paid claims, identifying and investigating difference, etc.
Ad-hoc reporting as requested.
Special accounting projects as assigned
- College or University background in accounting or 1-2 years' experience in an accounting environment. Strong ability to work in a team setting.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to adapt and problem solve.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal