Date Posted: Jul 22nd, 2019
Salary: $30,000 per hour
Location: Windsor, ON
Employment Type: Full Time
Transportation: On Bus Route
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, is responsible for providing assistance to property management staff by ensuring efficient day-to-day maintenance of buildings, building systems, and grounds; prioritizing work tasks and provides work direction to maintenance staff; developing and implementing preventative maintenance and safety programs; administering ongoing contract activities to maintain, enhance or improve the physical conditions of multiple residential properties managed by the employer.
- Post-secondary Certificate in Building Maintenance, or a related discipline or equivalent approved combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of affordable housing and vulnerable populations with a desire to create improve the quality of life with dignity for our resident population.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the field of building maintenance and/or construction including working with various building trades.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Sound knowledge of residential building construction and maintenance administration, including building elements and systems in a variety of residential buildings.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the application of related legislation including Ontario Building and Fire Codes, local by-laws, and health and safety legislation.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, teamwork, initiative/self-management/critical decision making.
- Strong time management skills – ability to work with little supervision.
- Demonstration of departmental competencies, including flexibility and adaptability, accountability, strategic thinking, innovation and creativity, and collaboration.
- Ability to identify and analyze a wide range of maintenance problems and determine cost-effective solutions, read and prepare drawings and specifications, estimate costs and schedule work in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours as required.
- Must be able to obtain a vulnerable sector screening police clearance.
- Must be able to independently lift 70lbs.
- Must be capable of working in confined spaces, using a ladder, and working at heights up to 30ft.
- Maintenance duties include but are not limited to: General building repairs Use of heavy equipment including power tools Minor plumbing jobs Carpentry Drywall repair/patching, tile Painting Cleaning Lawn care maintenance Snow/ice removal – salting Keeping inventory of workshop and work vehicle General knowledge and repair of hot water tanks.
- General knowledge and repair of boiler systems .