At the Unemployed Help Centre, our People’s Choice Pantry provides people with the opportunity to select their own 3-day emergency supply of food products including meat, produce, dairy, and non-perishables to meet their need. People are encouraged to call 519-944-5922 to make an appointment to ensure fast and efficient service.
- Identification for each resident of the home
- Proof of income
- Rent receipt, plus any current expenses such as: utilities, gas, telephone, etc.
The Food Bank is open Monday to Thursday (excluding Holidays) from:
9:00 am to 11:30 am &12:30 pm to 3:30 pm
Fridays 9:00 am to 11:30 am
Healthy food donations are encouraged from the community-at-large in the following areas:
- Canned meats and fish ( packed in water) Sardines, tuna, wild salmon or mackerel
- Peanut butter & jams
- Whole Grain cereals, Steel cut oats, rolled oats (with either oats, whole wheat or brown rice listed as first 5 ingredients and or with at least 5 grams of fiber per serving)
- Canned beans and Legumes: soy, black, kidney, roman or garbanzo beans, chick peas
- Canned and dried soups; ( low Sodium)
- Canned Vegetables and Fruits: ( low sodium and packed in water not syrup)
- Dried Fruits: ( preferably no added sugar) Blueberries, raisins, prunes, cranberries, apples
- Brown or wild rice, barley or bulgur, quinoa or couscous, whole wheat pasta
- Gluten Free Pasta: quinoa pasta, brown rice pasta, corn pasta
- Green and White teas
- Herbs and Spices: oregano, basil, black pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, thyme, dill, chili powder, paprika, cinnamon, cumin
- Olive oil, canola oil, sesame oil
- Baking products
- Baby formula & food
- Diapers: All sizes
Fresh Foods are also accepted.
The UHC Food Bank is one of fifteen members of the Windsor Essex Food Bank Association and is the hub for food collection and distribution. Please visit www.wefba.ca website for more information.
Volunteers are welcome to assist in the Foodbank.
For more information, contact us:
Food Bank Phone: 519-944-5922
UHC Main Phone: 519-944-4900